Friday, March 21, 2014

Wedding Birds


I needed to make a wedding card for a couple of Miami Dolphin football fans who are using the team colors for their wedding. It took me a lot of thought to put the card together and still carry the feel of elegance, but I hope this works! I used the SU! bird punch and made the birds from pumpkin pie and bermuda blue colors. I embossed the background with an Anna Griffin ef, and added glitter and tiny pearls to the small flowers in the embossed design. (click to enlarge for the detail.) I added some glitter to the branch leaves to make them sparkle too.


Here's a close-up of the iridescent-glittered branches and leaves. They add the perfect amount of shimmer to the plain white card stock. I added some very tiny clear gemstones to the birds' eyes, and embossed their wings with a square lattice ef.


I decided to add the silver-embossed SU! sentiment to the inside and let the front of the card just as it is. I used a SB Fancy Tag Shapeability, glittering the ends and all around the edges by using a Versamark pen along with iridescent glitter. In keeping with the color scheme I inserted diamonds on the ends with coordinating colors, and added 2 small punched hearts as well.

I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp "Glitter it" challenge.

Since I used a few colored snippets, I'm also entering this card into the Snippets Playground #116.

Wishing you a happy day, and thanks so much for stopping by!

Carol

20 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I am so glad you used the birds and not the owls. This is perfectly elegant! I just love all the texture and colors. Just the perfect amount of bling, also. They will treasure this.

Donna Hanley said...

You accomplished exactly what you wanted to. This card is filled with elegance and has brought in their love of their favorite football team with it's colors. I can't say enough about this one except that I'm sure this will be the happy couple's favorite wedding card. Have a wonderful day.

~ Kathy said...

I believe you were super successful with this card meeting the elegant and include orange and teal challenge! Personally I'm afraid of glitter - I can't seem to contain it very well - but I love the sparkle it gave to your card! Enjoy the warmer weather this weekend, I've heard the cold is returning again next week!

Benzi said...

Oh, those Dolphin fans are going to love this. The embossing folder is really elegant and I love those birds with the embossed wings. I'm sure this will be a hit.

Di said...

Oh how clever Carol! Such a great twist with the orange and teal whilst still keeping the elegance - love this card!

Hugs

Di
xx

jimlynn said...

WOW! Carol, this is over sensational!!! A beautiful wedding card and so elegant looking with all the embossing and shine. Love it!
Lynn

Donna Nuce said...

Gorgeous card and so elegant! Even with Miami Dolphin colors it really is a perfect wedding card. Have a great day Carol!

scrappymo! said...

This is such a lovely wedding card. They will love it. You aced their colours, got the touch of elegance and included romance!

Basslady said...

how brilliant and adorable and creative! love, love, love this card!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Loly Borda said...

Wow! Love this Carol! The pop of color is perfect, without loosing elegance! TFS

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow! Yes, you have pulled off a very elegant card with the football team's colors. I love this card. That embossing folder is just gorgeous. I love the tiny pearls on the flowers and I love the glittered leaves under the love birds. I need a wedding card so I will be lifting this card from you if you don't mind. I just love it! Hugs

Dragon said...

This is beautiful, elegant with a fun twist, like it a LOT.

LesleyG said...

I'm glad I read your blog post. What a great story and fab card with so much attention to detail. Lucky couple! X

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, I love all the texture, the birds wings look sensational. Gorgeous white on white details, the inside looks fabulous too, Cathy x

Lin said...

Beautiful! All of the elements are elegant, and this makes a lovely unique card for their wedding! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Say Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my gawd! This is just stunningly gorgeous. I loved the bright colors of the love birds and didn't realize they were team colors until I read it and that just makes it perfect. I like all the details like the embossing, shimmer paper and the pearls. I joined a white on white swap and you've given me some great ideas to jazz up all that white!!!

Chris Dring said...

OMG! What a stunning and elegant card! Way to incorporate the Dolphins colors into this! Love it!

MaryH said...

These SU birds made the perfect Love birds. Love those Dolphin colors (remember I'm ex-Florida & yes, we were Dolphin fans too). This is a lovely & perfectly themed card. Really liking the elegance of the EF too. You made it unique to this couple, and they will be so proud of it. TFS & Hugs

Bonnie said...

These birds are beautiful with their embossed wings on that elegant card. Love that embossing folder!

JD/ Jill said...

Oh wow! They had to have loved this card...it's so pretty and perfect...Just for them!